There are four main reasons why people pursue a plant-based diet that totally avoids meat.
This episode of The Foodcast explores these priorities. First, Davey H rants about the impact meat eating and plant eating have on each. Then, he interviews Remi Rory, a personal trainer in incredible shape who’s chosen the vegan lifestyle. Finally, Remi and Davey H see if they can match an over-the-top meat sandwich from one of America’s many casual dining chains with an all plant creation of their own.
02:05 Rant – Plant-Based Diets for Flavor, Sustainability, Humanity and Health
- I mention older adults needing more protein.
I mention that economic modeling demonstrates veganism may not be the most sustainable dietary choice.
- I mention that eating a species may be best for the longevity of the species.
10:51 Interview – Remi Rory
- Remi mentions the nutrition in Irish Moss
- Remi mentions morphine-like effects of dairy products
- Ways to contact Remi
28:46 Making a Vegan No-Hog Burger
- Here is a link to a Facebook video showing us cooking
- I mention a Washington Post article about vegan athletes
- I mention the use of beef tallow in McDonalds french fries.
- International Jackfruit Day
- Please Join and Share the Make 5/24 National Schlumpia Day Facebook Group