In this episode of The Foodcast we meet Rob Krupicka, a tech entrepreneur and public servant who moved into the food service business, specifically donuts, so he could really make a difference. Rob takes us through the process of how he made this transition, how he manages risk by adding a twist to the standard donut shop model (hint: it involves cocktails), and how he designed his business from the ground up to make his community a better place.
Also, your host, Davey H, discusses the “Save the World” part of The Karma Sense Eating Plan and what intentional not-so-random acts of kindness have to do with food in the first place. All this and the usual shenanigans in this episode of The Karma Sense Foodcast.
01:02 Rant – Save the World!
09:01 Interview – Rob Krupicka
- Sugar Shack Donuts website
- Captain Gregory’s Website
- Sugar Shack Alexandria Facebook Page – Arlington and Shaw (DC) pages on Facebook too!
- Captain Gregory’s Facebook Page
- Sugar Shack Twitter Feed for DC/MD/VA
- Captain Gregory’s Twitter Feed
- Together We Bake – Empowering Women for a Second Chance
37:45 Sugar Shack Tour
- Facebook Live Feed In Sugar Shack Alexandria’s Neighborhood
40:25 Wrap Up
For complete show notes, please visit http://www.daveyhwellness.com/foodcast/save-world-donuts/