Good grief. I’ve got a busy few weeks ahead of me and don’t have a lot of time. Fortunately, Foodcast listeners have great ideas of their own.
In this episode of the Foodcast, I answer listener questions including whether Oreos will kill you, a Google anomaly, a Bad MTHFR, nifty hints for preserving food and saving money, and Life, The Universe and Everything.
01:14 Are Oreos Addictive? Do they Cause Cancer?
- Link to Living Traditionally article, “Oreo Cookies are as Addictive as Cocaine, and Can Cause Fatty Liver and Cancer“
- Link if you want to try Newman-O’s. They have slightly better ingredients and support charity
03:42 How Did Karma Sense Wellness Get at the Top of Google Search and Why is it a Problem for Europeans?
Let me know if you’re interested in an Intermittent Fasting Working Group
05:42 What is MTHFR and is it Bad?
- Link to Karma Sense Wellness MTHFR post.
09:43 How to Protect Your Investment in Fresh Produce.
Ideas for preserving produce
- Make single serving smoothie bags and store them in the freezer.
- Use avocado instead of mayonnaise for a salad/cole slaw dressing. Mix with Greek yogurt if you want.
- Spray cut leftover avocado with oil to keep it from turning black.
- Cut up avocado that you need to use soon but is not yet ripe and store it in the refrigerator in a bowl of flavored vinegar. Mmmmm, avocado pickles.
- Use leftover juice from fermented foods like sauerkraut or kimchi and throw in cut up vegetables. Let them sit in the refrigerator for a few days and they too will pickle.
- Roast vegetables. They’ll keep in the refrigerator for a few more days.
- Mashup tired berries and mix in chia seeds. Go for one part chia to three parts fruit. Store overnight in the refrigerator and you have no sugar added jelly with added fiber, healthy fats and protein
13:02 What is the Meaning of Life, the Universe and Everything
I’ll be leading a free Mindful Eating Workshop at Dean’s Market in Basking Ridge, NJ on September 20, 2016, and in Ocean, NJ on September 22, 2016. Sign up here as the slots are filling fast.