It’s time for another “Dear Davey H” episode of The Foodcast in which I respond to listener questions. So you have the audience to blame for my discussing whether cheese can be part of a healthy diet, My Cousin Vinnie, The Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, a new study that analyzes the superiority or lack thereof of the vegetarian diet, Australians, morally superior eggs, Casablanca, GMOs, 4/20, Seinfeld, MTV, Slim Whitman and how much is too much. Sound like too much? Don’t judge, listen.
- Does the defense’s case hold water?
- Billy from Family Circus sent on an errand
- Bogus article about the dangers of cheese including the claim it is addictive like morphine
- One of many articles accurately disputing the claim cheese is addictive
- Episode 0018 of the Foodcast in which it was claimed that cheese is addictive as morphine
- Get your copy of The Karma Sense Eating Plan
18:07 New Research on the Vegetarian Diet
- Australian study finding that the vegetarian diet is no healthier than diets that include animal products
- Dr. Michael Greger’s excellent if not slightly dogmatic NutritionFacts.org page
21:39 GMOs and Eggs
- LinkedIn conversation about egg labeling and GMOs
- Article referenced in LinkedIn conversation about safety and nutrition of cage-free eggs
- National Academy of Sciences report on GMOs
- But to-date, they’re not all that effective
32:43 How Much Is Too Much?
45:28 Wrap Up
For complete show notes, mosey on over to http://www.daveyhwellness.com/foodcast/good-thing/