Don’t panic. There is no episode 0013 of The Foodcast. I just skipped that unlucky number 13 and went to 14. In this episode of The Karma Sense Foodcast, I rant about deceptive health claims the food industry makes about their products.
I also interview Jackie Oken of Unified Health Coaching. She’s a seasoned veteran in the health and wellness who’s worked as a practitioner and educator. Jackie shares her tips for healthy eating. They make a lot of Karma Sense.
Finally, Jackie and I go on a Healthy Food Scallawag Scavenger Hunt during which we parse through the deceptive claims in products you can pick up in any supermarket.
02:04 Deceptive Product Labeling Rant
Federal court rules that the government can’t govern industry influence on nutrition regulations.
08:07 Interview with Jackie Oken, Exercise Physiologist and Integrative Health Coach
Reach out to Jackie at Unified Health Coaching
Jackie’s Rules of Healthy Eating
- Avoid processed grains and refined sugar
- Ask these 5 questions when you eat
- What is the protein source?
- What is the fiber source?
- Is it at least 15o calories?
- Are the carbohydrates healthy carbohydrates
- Are there healthy fats
- Learn how to maneuver around the grocery store and restaurants with this knowedge
20:47 Healthy Food Scallawag Scavenger Hunt
Alternatives to Garden Lites Ninja Power Muffins
Better Chips Than Simply 7 Quinoa Chips
Zen Chocolate Pudding with Almond Milk
36:29 Wrap Up