Blown Away is the best description on how Day 1 of the Duke IHCPT course effected me today. It was a long day that included a fair amount of homework so I won’t get into too much detail. The lightening round summary is:
- Facilities are first class.
- Administration and management of the class is efficient. No time is wasted.
- Teachers are knowledgeable, interesting and keep the class under control.
- Materials are well organized
- Fellow classmates all want to be there. It is diverse, smart (but they let me in anyway), and motivated. We have a lot to learn from each other.
Tonight we had about 100 pages of reading to do. I don’t know how much sunk in given how action packed the day was.
Tomorrow will be interesting. I’m due for a fast day (as in no eating) but I don’t want to risk going into a low blood sugar haze. I’ll plan on sticking to the fast but be prepared to break it.